unishad Architectural Solar Shading
Eyecatcher & Performance
UNIMET solar shading solutions combine aesthetics, individuality and high effectiveness. In close coordination with architects and clients, we realise energy- and light-regulating solutions without sacrificing functionality and comfort.
External sun protection is the most effective form of thermal protection in summer. It reacts automatically to weather conditions so that an optimal balance of solar heat protection and daylighting is achieved. Heat extraction of up to 85% is possible. Even passive solar gain in winter is taken into account.
Our portfolio ranges from large louvres, fixed or tracking the position of the sun, arranged vertically or horizontally, to canopy solutions and sliding shutter systems, tailor-made for the individual project.
Planning and execution are carried out in close cooperation with our partner, IMS Ingenieurleistungen Manfred Starlinger.
Solutions made of
- Aluminium, opaque or perforated with various hole patterns
- Expanded metal made of aluminium in various mesh geometries
- Wood, e.g. native mountain larch
- Glass in the form of laminated safety glass, punctual or linear supported, with various screen-printed decors
- Photovoltaics as a special module design suitable for the respective application
With solar shading alone, it is possible to reduce energy consumption for cooling buildings by 80 million tonnes of CO2 throughout Europe.
Modern solar shading
- reacts adaptively to sky conditions
- decouples heat loads in a highly effective way
- reduces glare
- maintains daylight
- reduces or saves air conditioning
- creates a climate of well-being
- creates unique architecture
A demand-oriented automatic control system ideally couples these functions.