unipower pro Energy facade
UNIPOWER PRO The solar thermal facade
UNIPOWER PRO from UNIMET is a solar thermal façade solution integrated into the building structure, which is ideally suited for commercial and industrial buildings due to the ‘endless’ absorber technology. In addition to direct solar water heating, the dual concept also allows the use of heated air. Warm air is blown into the hall as required. The usable heat spectrum is extended downwards.
UNIPOWER PRO shows its full strength in combination with panel heating systems or concrete core-activated building components. Storage masses smooth out peaks in the solar supply and improve the security of supply in the event of solar undersupply. Together with buffer storage tanks, they complete an optimal solar thermal system concept, significantly increase performance and ensure a pleasant thermal indoor climate.
Seen from the outside, UNIPOWER PRO forms a post & beam façade. The collector is an integral part of the façade. Flexible design in terms of grid dimensions and height quotas. Energy-active surfaces can be combined with lighting and ventilation surfaces. The interior surfaces can be designed as desired. The design has an excellent U-value.
With UNIPOWER PRO in combination with a heat pump fed in a regenerative way, you can completely do without fossil fuels. In this way, you are already making an important contribution to the decarbonisation of the building’s energy supply.
Properties & benefits
- Architectural integration and function as a thermal flat-plate collector
- Production of low-temperature heat for domestic hot water and heating support
- Dual operation – hot water & hot air
- Building envelope element that ensures weather protection and tightness
- Flexible dimensions in height and width
- Can be combined with lighting and ventilation areas
- Moderate stagnation temperatures and thus reduced component load
- Sustainable contribution to CO2 reduction
- Reduction of building operating costs
- Improved façade irradiation in the transition months and in winter
- Durability of all components
Areas of application
- Commercial and industrial halls
- Sports halls
- Offices and other buildings
- Solar thermal: 50% to 60% in heat
- Photovoltaics: 16% to 20% in electricity
The logical conclusion is to use both great technologies.